Skip to main content

One Line

While I was at Lux's we watched a youtube video someone put up that after watching, I found myself wanting to do some writing on the subject as well.  Something that I felt some pull to share my own experiences with, because while it seemed obvious to Lux after this long, most people don't know how to navigate.  I had been having some issues with it recently, and thought that perhaps if I shared some information about it, things might have more potential to go well in the future.

It took a bit before I finally sat down the write it, but once I looked at the first draft, I sent it to Lux in hopes that he would give it another set of eyes.  The piece itself definitely needed a readover by someone else before I could post it somewhere.

The next day, I asked him if he had looked at it, and he said that he hadn't.  I assured him that there was no rush, but he made sure to say that because he said he would do it, he would be sure to do it that night.

And when I read that single message, I felt like I got hit like a brick.  I recognized the effort he shows, and work he does for me, and us, and all of it.  I recognized how much I'm used to people not doing anything close to what they say they will, and just having to live without.

He hadn't even read it yet, and someone just making a point of saying they would do something that they said they would do felt like the biggest gesture someone could offer.  I sat with tears welling in my eyes in appreciation of the intention.  It was a reminder to keep in mind the things I can do to better support him as well.

Not only do I need to be aware of the things I've adjusted to from my past, but know that I don't need to expect that from others, and should strive to do better myself.

Comments