Skip to main content

Definitely Not

 Early this spring, when Rabbit and I started talking, he mentioned wanting to find a rope bottom to practice on again.  I told him that I bottom for rope once in a while, and liked helping people navigate ties and learn.  That was also when I offered to top other play for him, and well, we see how that's turned so far.

But when we started talking about rope again, he realized that he'd forgotten everything, and also shared that he enjoyed being tied up.  So in order to help him learn, I showed him the basics of what I knew.  I never learned a lot of rope, because it wasn't much of an interest, but I did learn a little, just to have a better idea of safety.  I claim that I only know enough to get myself into or out of trouble.

And while I've been teaching him, I've been tying him up as well.  At the same time, he's feeling more and more drawn to rope, and wants to learn enough to consider himself a rigger.  Meanwhile, I'm just trying to learn enough to tie him in a way that works with his body, and to help give him more basics to practice.

It seems like I'm always a step ahead of him.  To him, it looks like I'm this fountain of ropey knowledge, and my ties are on point while being fast.  Really though, it's just taking the time to figure out some simple things, knowing I learn quickly, and drilling a little so that I know the process.

He keeps joking that I'm a rigger, and I keep pushing that I'm not.  I'm not drawn to tying.  I don't have some wealth of knowledge.  I know enough to keep me safe, and now enough to make him happy and spacey.  Just because it's past what he knows, doesn't mean I'm a rigger, and doesn't mean rope is magically going to become my kink.  It just means that I'm willing to learn in order to help someone I care about, and play with them in the way that they enjoy.

Sure, I might be learning some of the anatomy parts of suspension and reminding myself on things like nerve clusters and all, but that's because we're in it together, and if I know these things, then I have more to share.

Comments