Skip to main content

Takes One to Know One

 When Rabbit and I first started talking again, he would remind me that in his previous dynamics where he was submissive, he was heavily trained and very well behaved.  He told me about how he was super obedient, didn't talk back, and was far more of a pet for use than anything.

So when we started playing, I continually encouraged him to be him.  I would be bratty with him, and playful, while still having control.  Soon enough, he would start speaking up, playing back, pushing for more, and also being a brat.  It was like all that training went out the window, but at the same time, he seemed happy to do it all, and like he was actually having fun.  

We joke about things like brat taming, and how I will spoil him with play, and making sure I have his favorite things on hand.  That I will curl him up and play with his hair, and do all the things that he wants, rather than try to instill discipline.  While he certainly still brats, and is sassy, he does it to play, and knows where he belongs in the dynamic.

At the same time, I show the same behavior towards him.  It's a game, where he tells me I'm cheating, and I tell him I'm allowed because I'm in charge.  When you make the rules for the game, it means you always win.  

And it's fun, truly.  We play and go back and forth constantly, getting to see each other smile and laugh.  Having a quiet submissive means we wouldn't get to have that joy, and there wouldn't be that constant push and pull that we have both grown to want.  It means that he gets to be him all the time, which is what we both prefer, rather some portrait of what a submissive should be according to someone else.

It also means that he's able to set a new standard.  He's able to know what it's like to be in a dynamic where he's allowed to speak up and talk back and be himself, and in return get spoiled with lots of things, and told that he's being good.

I know how much I hated being told to not be me in dynamics, and I certainly don't want what other people feel is what power exchange should look like.  I want challenge, and playfulness, and happy growth all around.

And right now that means two brats laughing and pushing each other to be better.

Comments