Skip to main content

A Treadmill

 Since being sick, I've been trying to get back on track with everything, and caught up with many others.  It's tough, and means that I've had to be extra on top of everything I'm doing every day in order to be sure I'm making progress on getting back to where I should be.  Top that off with how spring is always a bit of madness with so much going on, and it means things are a bit more stacked against me in not just getting caught back up, but ahead as much as I want to be.

I've been trying to use every pocket of time that I get to record, as I'm at a point where it feels like every piece of the story I'm reading is super long, and each entry is a full recording, rather than being able to get through swathes at a time.  Those long recordings also take time to edit, before turning into a video, although I am getting faster.  Luckily, I've been on top of getting ahead with drawing, so I technically have everything I need to do finished for that, and am actually getting further ahead a little at a time.

In the last few weeks I started more freelance writing, which means even more to do, but at the very least, it's a paying gig, so I'm absolutely making sure I carve time out in the week to get that done as much as I can.  I need to start going through and writing more for vocal, and digging into the concepts I have sitting for that, but for now it can sit a while, as I have plenty of backlog to rely on while I get on track.

I'm trying to read more, and take on more of the things that I know I enjoy.  This is easier said than done for a few things.  Audiobooks are great while I'm working on certain things (I have The Starless Sea playing while writing this) but I also know I need to get back to regular movement again.  Especially after covid, I know it's done horrible things to my endurance again, and I need to start pushing myself, as I was still trying to get back to where I was before the long backslide.  It's difficult to manage carving out the time most days though, and when I do finally have the chance to put everything else aside, I don't have the energy to put toward activity.  I know I just need to give myself the kick in the ass, and I will, but right now there's too much going on at home.

I'm getting there, step by step, but it feels like I'm on a treadmill, and expecting to walk while someone else sneaks the speed up to a run.

Comments