Skip to main content

Sinking In

 It's been about twenty years since I've been on a plane.  Not only that, but both times I was on a plane previously I was with my parents, and I've never left the country.  While I typically have realistic ideas on what to expect in different places, doing new things in regard to travel makes me very anxious.

And I've just realized recently that in only a couple of weeks, I'm going to be flying over an ocean with just my boyfriend to meet his family for the first time.  I know I'll be overpacking in some ways, but no more than I would on any other trip.  I'm making sure to account for many things I know Rabbit won't think of, and trying to be on top of everything, as I know how forgetful he is.  

At the same time, I'm trying to be as minimal with packing as possible.  I want to make sure I have room for souvenirs, and with probably staying with different family, don't want to have too much to keep track of.  Not to mention that in regards to family, his parents have been telling everyone about me, and it's created quite a bit of extra pressure and stress for me.  I know they're not setting any sort of expectations of me, but it still feels like there is in a way, and it's tough.

I know that by the end of this it'll feel like nothing.  I know that for the most part it'll be like going to see any other family of partners, and I know that so long as I just relax and am myself everything will be fine.  It's still going to make me incredibly anxious and nervous until I'm on the plane though.

Comments