Skip to main content

Another Big Adventure

 I'm finally home from my trip to Israel with Rabbit.  We spent ten days halfway across the world together, spending very little time apart, navigating new things, airports, long days, and family gatherings.  I will admit that while I wasn't all that worried about spending the time together, it was a major thing, and would definitely be a test of our relationship.

However, the entire time, we were close, and happy, and consistently affectionate with each other.  His parents kept sending us off places, seeing us holding hands, talking, sharing stories, and excited to experience things.  For a trip where we were walking about fifteen miles a day, in heavy heat, and doing fairly intense things, and in awkward situations, we ultimately had each other's best interest at heart, and wanted to take care of each other no matter what was happening.

And we saw so much.  I feel like I got a birthright tour in a week and a half, with a wedding somewhere in the middle.  At times, it felt like I was being rushed from one thing to another without time to actually absorb what I had just done.  It made it difficult later on as people were asking me what things were my favorite, when so many things blurred together.  I enjoyed the vast majority of what we did, but of those, I came away more often than not wanting to spend more time on them.

Meeting Rabbit's family was much easier than I had thought, and they were all very welcoming and tried to speak as much English as they could.  Rabbit however, kept losing track of what language he was speaking, which was funny at some times, but usually quickly fixed.  They all seemed to like me, and were making a ton of cracks after barely meeting me that we would be the next couple to get married.  He was incredibly happy to see his family for the first time since the pandemic started, and as far as I was concerned, was the most important part of the trip.

Overall, we came out of it learning a lot about each other, ourselves, and our relationship.  I am looking forward to future visits, and it's definitely given me more faith in how we will manage over the passage of time.

Comments