Skip to main content

Much and Few

 After the weekend of madness that was Rabbit's birthday and my parents travelling, I had what I was hoping to be a little over a month until my next big thing.  With Squishy having the idea that living with the gnome will magically make everything better, I decided to send her there for a month.  It would be longer than a visit, and would actually give her an idea of what it would be like living there.  Rabbit immediately saw that as a chance for me to spend a long time with him, and while initially I was planning on doing a few days at home first, it would be a long process to get to that.

At the beginning of the month there was a scramble to get things done at Rabbit's place.  He has been on his last thread with the friend who moved in at the beginning of the pandemic, for many reasons, and recently made the decision to let two other friends move in.  That did however mean moving himself from having a bedroom and a music room to just having one room downstairs.  On top of everything else always happening there, it's been a lot for him.

Squishy had the end of her school year, which of course came with issues with the gnome.  Ultimately, karma bit him in the ass, and Squishy got to have exactly what she wanted for her middle school graduation day.  It however also meant that due to his work schedule, Rabbit and I didn't spend much time together that day, and we didn't anticipate having any more time together that month.

Along with all of this, I was trying to get ahead on everything after May being so busy.  I wanted to get a lot of recording done, as well as a ton of writing, and actually have time for things I would enjoy.  Topping that off with a friend of my parents having another grandchild on the way, it meant that I needed to make another baby blanket, because I made one for all of the other babies.  Because of how they did things, I would have to make the blanket essentially while at Rabbit's place, which I didn't want to do because his place isn't the neatest, and I try to keep baby blankets as clean as possible for obvious reasons.

The week before Squishy left, Rabbit said that he wanted to come visit so we could actually spend some time together.  However, he was so overwhelmed with things at home that he left part way into the morning and we barely got to spend time together.  At my house, both the dishwasher, and the old man's tv died, and so with my parents constantly arguing and dealing with that, I decided to leave earlier.  Luckily, because I usually get things done far earlier that I should, it meant that I didn't have an insane amount of things to cram in.

And then when Squishy finally left, there was a lot of things going on with Rabbit, his house mate, and everything else which had him frantic.  I offered to go out that same day, and turn what was going to only be a three week visit into a full month anyway.

So now here I am, in some ways able to breathe, and in others taking on much more by helping Rabbit get through the massive project he has in the house here.

But we have each other, and we'll tackle it all.

Comments