Skip to main content

Front Loaded

 I'm home from my month with Rabbit, and while not the month we wanted, it was certainly eventful, and an overall good experience.  We both came out of it happy to not feel done with each other, and still wanting to curl up and spend time together after so long.  At the same time, it was a tough month overall.

Rabbit has had some issues with his back and leg since we went to Israel.  They started to get better after a few weeks of us being home, and then it started getting worse again.  A week or so into my visit, he could barely get through a work day, and often came home early.  After some plans went awry with one doctor, we finally got to a chiropractor to start having him get better.  The one we wound up seeing actually wound up being fantastic, and told us that it was something that would completely heal, but wound take time.

That meant he would be out of work, which started with a single week off, and has now turned into short term disability while he heals.  I was glad to be there to help him while he started, but it also meant that my ability to work from his place screamed to a halt.  This also meant that all of our plans for the month wouldn't be able to happen, because as much as he said we would do it anyway, I wanted to be able to do things in a way we could enjoy, without pain clouding his and our experience.

We were happy about it in some ways though, despite his pain.  This meant we had time to get through other things that had been put off.  The little things that dig in and build up but everything else gets in the way.  We wanted to be able to spend time together, without him being tired at the end of the day, or having it be crammed full of things to do on his days off.  And we did spend time together, just not in the most ideal way.  His pain in the beginning caused him to have a handful of outbursts.  They were worrisome admittedly, because I have dealt with so many screaming fits that turned into me being targeted.  As soon as he realized he had done it though, he was sure to hug me, and tell me that he would never direct pain towards me, and wanted to make sure I still felt safe.  It was comforting to say the least, to have someone specifically aware of their behavior, and ensure that while they may have responses like that, it would never be because of me, and would never be aimed towards me.

So, we're healing, and catching up, and I'm still more than happy to stay along with him through it all.  It would just be nice if all the ailments and obstacles could stop already.  Between sickness, recovery from his divorce, his home, my home, and everything else, we could use some peace in our lives to just enjoy each other.

Comments