Skip to main content

Remodeling

There was something Lux said when I was visiting with him, and it stuck with me apparently, for a bit.

We often talk about the things people around us do, and their habits, or actions.  Toxic behaviors, or closed minded ideas.

And while speaking about this, we mentioned how often we look at these things, the common response is how we don't want to do these things.  That we don't want to grow into this kind of person.

What we don't do though, is talk about the kind of person we do want to turn into.

Now, I do very frequently say that I aspire to become a crotchety old man (and many people will say I'm already there) but that is very different.

We don't talk about how we want to cultivate safety.  To speak of wanting to be honest, and just.  We don't mention how we want to be open, and thinking, and growing always. 

So many good things that we simply never mention.

Perhaps because they should be common sense.  Unfortunately, common sense isn't all that common, and too many people tend to build horrid habits over time.

When we speak of those things we don't want to do, I need to remember to mention the things I do want to grow toward.  Positive reminders help so much more than walls against negative, and no path of good to walk along.

Comments