Skip to main content

Bubbles

After returning home from my last trip to see Kitty, in the middle of drop I noticed my brain wandering a few different things. 

It started with how my parents, and my siblings think of the pandemic.  Legitimately thinking it's some sort of political hoax, and while following the rules they absolutely have to, thinking it's all one giant lie.  That near the election everything will magically clear up in some attempt to sway the votes.

Yea, I know.

I thought about the bubble I've made with my polycule.  How even though I am staying home between visits to track if any symptoms arise in the house, and not adding extra sources of exposure, I'm still traveling to another state to see the people I have made a bubble with.

And that risk is constantly calculated.  Every time I decide to have a visit, it is in a mindset of making sure it's done in a way to keep others safe. 

Yet, I woke up one morning feeling guilty.  Guilty that I was just as bad as my relatives who think the pandemic is fake.  Guilty that I'm not taking things serious enough.  That I should have stayed cramped up in my house longer, despite how it was affecting me after everything.

It was a really hard day, and I had to keep telling myself that it was the drop talking.  That I was taking care of myself in as safe a way as possible in order to take care of others.

Understanding, and actually weighing risk in it's entirety speaks volumes when compared to flat ignorance.

Comments