Skip to main content

Ruining a Good Thing

Friday of the invasion, many people went to take a nap, right around when Kitty was finishing with work.  While I had wanted to find some time alone with him, he wanted to relax in the pool, which was also ok.  So it was the two of us, another couple who got invited (and stayed fairly distant the entire time), and Fox in the garden, pulling out weeds. 

Fox was continually trying to pull Kitty from the pool to do things for them, and it made me angry each time.  He had just needed to work a full day, when they had off, and was trying to decompress, knowing he had another meeting Saturday morning, while juggling being a host.  They wouldn't let him have more than a couple of minutes of floating along, and I could see the frustration on his face.

The couple also attending was a guy who is very toppy, and a girl who only bottoms, and was goading on Fox.  At a certain point she brought up that she's a brat, but likes to help, and is often very helpful in what she does.  The term "spicy help" got thrown into the universe, and I liked it.

I've probably mentioned here that I have issues with the people who use being a brat as an excuse to be an asshole.  It's made it so that I don't like referring to myself as a brat at all, because while I will snark and sass, I know the limits of it being fun, and never use it to get away with things.  The idea of spicy help as a term sounded great for me, and I was about actually start that talk with the girl, opening up the dialog in a way that may have created some decently deep conversation on boundaries and beliefs.

Before I could do it though, Fox started yelling obnoxious things at Kitty.  Things that were just attacks on him, and after each one yelling "Spicy help" to use it as an excuse.  This continued through the weekend, tearing the meaning of it away from the situation, and destroying it.

Here I thought I had found some better language, and now I don't want to touch it.

Comments