Skip to main content

Don't Forget to Breathe

 The last two weeks have been an absolute whirlwind, on all fronts.

Squishy has been getting dental work done while with the gnome, and not only was it causing her to lose days of school, but the orthodontist has been doing things to her that make zero sense, and even less when I actually go to look up more about the process.  Because the gnome is sucked into having some manner of procedure done on himself, he's been avoiding talking to me so I can tell him to take her to just remove everything and be done.

On top of that, we had two major holidays in two weeks.  Thanksgiving was simple, and fairly quiet, but with that start a week of complete madness.  The following days meant prepping for Channukah, putting up the Christmas decorations, getting gifts wrapped, the cookiepocalypse, cookie boxes, and a hundred other things.  I've been responsible for the vast majority of it, with Squishy only being more difficult every day, my father screaming at everyone constantly in an openly abusive way, and my mother not realizing what day it is at any point.

Needless to say, I was unable to plan on doing anything for myself in that time.  It's left me a little fried, but trying to find normalcy where I can.  

Puppy wound up here for a while during both holidays.  Thanksgiving was a rescue, as he had spent time with his difficult alcoholic father, and I had invited him for Channukah back near Rosh Hashannah, with him just finishing school and having some time again.  Having people in physical space is helpful, even if he is someone I need to be careful about, just with where he's at.  He's still carrying a lot of traits of having been in an abusive situation, that I don't think he's even aware of doing, and admitted to feels, which I promptly cut off by telling him that he's compromised, and needs to make sure he takes his time with anything as he tries to be a person again.

So now, I have a couple of weeks to get caught up on everything I've put down through the madness, before round two starts.  

Comments