Skip to main content

Catching Up and Scouting Ahead

 For as busy as I was trying to get ahead of things in February, I managed to get through just about all the goals I gave myself.  Even with everything my parents threw on me, I paced myself through everything, and got almost my entire list accomplished, with the exception of my second blog, due to Skynet's ridiculous action.

It was incredibly satisfying to realize that I either managed through the goals I set, or made well enough progress that it either kept up with timelines, or would allow me to not feel overwhelmed next month.  It was a fairly substantial list, and while I was constantly hopping from one thing to another, I was able to make sure I also gave myself some time in the evenings, or even some weekends to breathe and have space.

However, February is truly a catch up month.  There's no ton of birthdays or travel that I ever plan, so I can pile things on, and know I have most days available as standard routine.  This month changes that, with the return of birthdays that I need to do the work for, and holidays, as well as wanting to find social time.  Then come spring, there's more traveling and adventures that I want to do, as safely as I can, that will take up time.

It means that I'm going to need to know how to adjust my workloads accordingly.  While I will allow myself to move ahead if I finish everything on my list, I need to make sure I don't make them too sparse, or too dense, and this month will be a good adjustment space.  

Honestly, I'm looking forward to getting to have a busy season again.  Even if it's just one or two things a month, it's more than I was going and doing for two years, and that's helping motivate me and give me landmarks and deadlines, which I find helpful.  I want to be seeing people, and sharing moments again, because it is good for me in the long run.

I'm feeling positive about the idea of the coming months, and I hope they manage to work out somehow.

Comments