Skip to main content

New Shoes

A couple weeks ago, Puppy came to spend a weekend here.  I suggested he stay here because of some changes to his living situation, that might make some of what we had planned a little more difficult.  It also gave us a chance to do more things around here, because he's rather clueless to the area since moving away, as both his parents don't really have interest in going to do things.

What we did have planned though, was starting the D&D campaign he's running.  I  still feel a bit awkward being part of the game, because the rest of the players are all his brothers and their spouses.  I'm also the person with the most experience, so it's a bit of a process to make sure I'm not just taking over anything going on.

It's also the first time seeing Puppy since really mentally processing not having feels for him.  I'm sort of trying to guide things so he understands where I'm at without being so blunt it fucks him up.  It's also a process to navigate for me exactly where I am comfortable before laying down any boundaries that are necessary.

All in all, it wasn't bad.  It was nice spending time here where things weren't as intrusive as his place, and it was nice to play the game again.  I enjoy getting to step into another person for a while like that, and this lets me sort of be a guide of how out there we can be, while prompting them to explore a new character as well.  He was happy that he wound up not having to cook at all for the entire weekend, and so far we intend to do next month's game with him here as well.

There's a lot that I'm adjusting to, more than he realizes, but it's much easier than many things I've done.

Comments