Skip to main content

Eventuality

 The last month was a lot.  A handful of adventures and little things that happened in different ways, and events both good and bad.  So all this month is going to be some stories and talking about a span of about two or three weeks in July.

We're starting with a trip that I had finally managed to plan back in late spring.  After both of us having everything occurring, Dansa and I found a space where we could carve out time for a visit.  That meant trucking myself up to Brooklyn, where I could spend a weekend with someone I hadn't seen in a little over a year.  And after everything that happened lately, it was good to get us both caught up on everything.

The trip up wasn't too bad.  I packed extremely light because I didn't want to lug everything ever through the city, and didn't have a ton of extra gifts to bring this time around, and we didn't have much in the way of things we wanted to do.  In fact, all we wanted to do was have dumplings ( a running joke which has become tradition for us) and play with some rope after I hadn't bottomed for any since before the pandemic, and she had only tied a couple of times.

And while it was a super quiet weekend, we accomplished both of those things.  Her dog decided she needed to help while we were doing rope.  She refused to lay down, and instead had to give me all the kisses and climb on me.  It was a simple tie though, and we had fun.  We also went to her new local place for dumplings, and got far too much dim sum, which is always the right amount.  We caught up on things like camp, and my dealing with Puppy, and breakups, and the whole deal.  

It was necessary, and quiet, and I while it would have been nice to adventure, I definitely want to make it up there again for a visit soon, because only seeing each other once a year is no good.

Comments