Skip to main content

One Last

 Amidst cutting ties from Puppy, there were a few final times that I had to talk with him.  One was to get back some books I had lent him.  My response to this was just to buy new copies, and if he wants the book I have of his, he can ask for it.  The other was removing myself from the D&D campaign I had been playing with him.

We had started the game back in January, and for the most part only played one session a month.  I was the only player at the table that had played with someone other than him, which meant I was the only vet at a table full of noobs, and that's fine sometimes, but not when everyone is afraid to actually roleplay.  And, honestly, I just didn't want to deal with him anymore.  Trying to have conversations with him had turned entirely infuriating, and with how Puppy ran the games, he couldn't keep track of anything he'd told us, and was changing details constantly for whatever he wanted in the moment.  To top it off, so many of our sessions had encounters "by chance" but with very little for us to do otherwise, so we often spent our games playing for hours with nothing to interact with.  

There was very little there for me to stay for, and honestly, I mostly just wanted to stay for the sake of the other players.  

When everything happened, I managed to delay the game once, but we rescheduled quickly, and with everything happening I didn't have a chance to talk to Puppy.  

So the day of the game, I sent him a message, and just said that due to how things were, I wouldn't be making myself available for games anymore.  I told him that this would be my last session, that he shouldn't turn my character into an NPC, and that was about it.

And the last session was more of the same.  I was bored out of my mind with nothing to do in the game.  It made leaving the game and being done with him even easier.

Luckily, I started playing in another game recently, where I get to be just as silly a character, and there's so much more to do to stretch my legs and play.

Comments