Skip to main content

Fluidity in All Ways

For wanting October to be calm, there was so much to juggle and adjust for, and we've managed to find the silver linings in all of it, or make the best of what we could.  In many ways, we're recovering slowly, but things are tough, and I'm put in a lot of situations that are forcing my hand in ways that I don't want to so soon.

A brighter part is that I may stop posting here as much.  I still want to try and write up a post a week in order to help me process my own thoughts and stay organized, but I've decided to pick up a monthly vlog, and so I may not need to write here as a trade off.  It's appearing to be more difficult to try and get the video clips than anything, but I'm sure that will get easier with time.

I'm trying to get more ahead with things like writing, drawing, and making videos to help with the busy holidays coming.  With my house still having zero intention of doing the cookiepocalypse again, I'm sad, but it is giving me extra time to be organized with everything.  I'm almost as far ahead as I would like to be with most things, so hopefully I can manage in the next week or so to create the buffer I prefer to have.

Rabbit's family is safe as far as we know, and we're getting very regular updates, but we're all having a hard time.  The last time I went for a Friday dinner, they called asking if we would be ok ordering something, then couldn't decide what we wound up just cooking some things from what was already in the fridge.  I told them I would bring Squishy out with me the next time I visit since they've been asking to see her, and it's was very endearing with how quickly they went from having her over for dinner, to asking if she would spend the night.  While it shouldn't be surprising given that Rabbit was adopted, it's very cute how quickly they've decided that Squishy is their new grandbaby.

We spoke about the holidays and how his parents were planning to be back in Israel with with family by then, but now it won't be happening.  I mentioned that Thanksgiving was the day after Rabbit's mom's birthday, and that Squishy would be up with her father that weekend.  She immediately asked if I would do the holiday with them, or if I needed to be at my place.  Given that she doesn't normally ask, I want to do my best to be there with them, because they don't have anyone to be with this year now, and are feeling very alone.  I'm prepared to just start spending every holiday with them, because I want to more or less leave my parents behind after I move out there, but I wasn't quite prepared to do all of it just yet, because I know how difficult it'll be for me for the remaining time before the move.

It's tough, and it'll continue to be tough, but it's a test towards better things.

Comments