Skip to main content

Settle Down and Ramp Up

I got home from my week with Rabbit, with only just over a week to go before Thanksgiving.  By the end of the week we had mostly settled after the situation early on, but with so much that had to happen during the week, we still wanted time, and had some lingering anxiousness.

Before starting the drive, we talked about it, and he was sharing that he was feeling guilty about things turning out the way I had thought they might.  I told him that we had adjusted during the week, and we made sure we got time together every day.  Then we asked if we each felt we had gotten what we wanted to out of the week.  While we wished we had the chance to go do something together, we were grateful for the time, and he was feeling productive, and like he was moving towards better and healthier habits.

Overall, we were finding enough positive in the week, and agreed that what we needed was a day where we just spend time for us soon.  Much like the weekend we took for our anniversary, we need to take some time where everything else gets put aside, even if we just stay home.  Right now, we're planning for that on the day after Thanksgiving, which we're definitely looking forward to.

Eventually, I got home, and had to get settled back into routine quickly.  Luckily, I'm ahead on most things, so that even with new things I've taken on, it's not too much work.  In some ways, my first bit back was a little listless as I didn't have enough things to do to let me know exactly where to dive back in, but we got there, and I'll hopefully be prepared to be caught up either until, or through spring soon.

However, it's also the time when we dive into holiday prep, and this year comes with some new things to get used to, as well as some extras.  I'll be doing Thanksgiving with Rabbit's parents, as his mom's birthday is the day before, and they were expecting to be back in Israel (which clearly won't be happening.) Squishy will be off with the gnome, which is why I'm not obligated to be home.  It does however mean that I need to prep whatever I need to make for both houses before heading out.

Then we have two weeks before Channukah, which we'll be double dipping like we did the new year.  Again, I will need to prepare things for both homes, without much time after Thanksgiving.  This is also a big holiday at home, so I anticipate having to do far more work, especially with needing to make things that my parents can have.

Two weeks later is Christmas, which while easy enough, is still a project.  And when I head out to Rabbit's afterward, might require a little extra work.  I'm planning to bring Squishy with me for a day or so, and then we're being roped into prepping a surprise party for someone on new years.  It's a lot, and I'm going to have a massive amount put on me.  This is where I tend to do well though, so we'll see how it all unfolds.  At least Rabbit and I want to try and find time for us in all of it.

Comments