Skip to main content

Truest Gratitude

 Thanksgiving may have been last week, but that doesn't mean it isn't time to show appreciation.  

This year especially, I have a mix of things to be grateful for.  While I want to talk about the year as a whole soon, I can certainly be thankful now.

I am thankful for drive, motivation, and inspiration.  Having a partner with ADHD means that I've seen what finite energy looks like, as well as the freezing, or inability to self start.  I've learned that not only do I manage to gather ideas as the people with ADHD can, but I have the drive to start them and stick to it.  I also manage to keep up with more than most people can due to my time management.

And while mentioning ADHD, I'm grateful for my desire to learn, more than most years.  By knowing that Rabbit is diagnosed, I have something to learn about, and where I would normally be frustrated, I understand where our minds work differently, and likewise can try to find ways to help him function, and not feel so much like a victim of his own mind.

I have so much gratitude for our desire to care for each other, above anything else.  When conflict happens, we make sure we find a solution, rather than try to win.  We tend to each other afterward, and try to connect even during our disagreements.  There is never that hope that time will bring us together, but rather that we feel closer afterward, due to the work we put in.

The desire for our future together is something I can't appreciate enough.  Even a year in, we both want to spend so much time together.  We are working together toward making a home that we feel comfortable in, and can be happy with.  Our pasts have been full of people who were difficult at best by this point, and now we have a space where we can't wait to live together, get married, and officially start being a family together.  

Things are tough, and not moving as I would have hoped, but so many more things are better than I ever could have wished, and I couldn't be more excited to see where it all goes.

Comments