Skip to main content

Fusion: the Clifnotes Version

I'm back from my first Fusion, and feeling better about it the longer I look at it.  There was good and bad, and the event was very different for both Lux and I just due to how we kept somewhat different schedules with my having classes to manage and all.

Lux came in from Austin where he was training for his new job.  He showed up at my doorstep in a suit, and if we didn't have a two hour drive ahead of us, that suit would have been a mess shortly after seeing him.

The ride was fairly uneventful, with the exception of us making the same mistake we always do when we make a trip west.  We will inevitably do the same thing in a month come Pennsic.

Getting there, I got a very similar feeling to Pennsic, but on a much smaller scale.  It felt comfortable, and despite everything, I had no problem walking around Fusion by myself at night.

Thursday Lux met Pyre for the first time, and I met a bunch of the fire team.  While awkward at first, they let me open up by the end of the evening and I felt a lot better.

After a quick set up break for sex, I walked back up with bagels and my basket to use for the weekend.  Because I was carrying things, I balanced the basket on the walk up.  People were stopping scenes to exclaim how cool what I was doing was.  I wasn't even dancing yet.  People are easily amused.  I showed up in the middle of a test burn, and immediately hopped onto fuel prep.  It went well, and I looked forward to the next day.

Friday was my busy day, with both a class and a performance to get through.  In the morning I got to have a talk with more people in Compound, and it made me feel a bit more comfortable there.  My class went well, and had a good turnout, but as usual, a lot of people who didn't quite understand the material and asked some strange things of it wanting instant magical burner look by the end.

Afterward, Lux decided it was time to beat me up, and we went over to the dungeon.  It was the first time he's laid into me at all in a long time, and I missed it.  While other people were moaning while being tapped by floggers and melting down in their chains on crosses, I took hits like a truck, giggling and holding steady, only to practically climb on top of Lux whenever he checked in on me.  I feel like I need to work on how I process pain soon, and possibly more on that soon.

Then, we had heavy winds, and threat of rain.  Right before there was supposed to be all of the fire performances.  As I watched a human blood bath while eating dinner, I worried about if we would perform at all.

We did though.  The community came together, and with the help of one of the older members, we herded cats, and got everyone fueled and ready to perform on time.

And I, for the first time ever, danced with fire.  Where I had been worried, once I was up there dancing, I found it just as easy as any other performance.  Occasionally the wind picked up and I felt the flames lick my arms, which meant it was time to turn and face a different part of the crowd, and my dance was cut short due to burn time, but it went well.

Onto Saturday.  My day off.  I had wanted to fit all my planned scenes in that day, but it didn't quite work that way.

I spent the morning again with the Compound, watching a drowning until I needed to use the bathroom.  In there was someone talking about dragonball, and then I had a twenty minute conversation about anime as someone had a tube removed from their throat at a sex camp.  This is my life.

Where I had planned to have Pyre knock some rust off and do a bit of fire with me, I instead worked on her back, and wound up bruising her up just with the strength of my hands.  The rest of the fire team saw this and expressed interest.  Apparently, I have a job in the future.

All morning and afternoon Lux was promising me a beatdown.  Just rough body play to knock the shit out of me, and wanting to break in his new boots by kicking me.  We didn't get to it until later in the day, after a wedding, dinner, and seeing some friends have a scene as well.

I did get a beatdown though.  Rolling around on the mat, with me knocking Lux down for fun as we giggled, and he hit me with enough force to drop almost anyone we know with a single hit.  As we very obviously were just fooling around, at one point I took an opening to lift Lux from the ground, and nearly was able to stand with him on my back.  It was fun, even if where we played meant that Lux couldn't keep his boots on.   I left with my thighs bright red and beaten, with bruises to appear over the next few days.

We went back over to the fire team to make good on the plans we had made earlier.  Cigars, rum, and hanging out like crotchety old people.  It turned into a big group to-do, and felt fun.  Once some folks left though, the vibe changed, and we left too.  We ran into a friend from earlier, who was worried about some things, and grabbed Lux to talk.  From here, Lux started slowly dropping, and we still had a day to go.

Sunday, was a lot of back and forth.  By then, the Compound knew me, and while confused, was getting to be curious and happy with me there (more on this in the future).  We got ourselves packed, I spent time with the team, taught my class (with requests for even more in the future!), and had a new toy made.  We got out a little later than intended, but by the time I was done at Fusion, I definitely felt like I'd opened up into feeling like myself again. 

A short drive home, some aftercare burgers, and we were curled up in bed for some much needed rest.

Some people say you get the camp you need, and while I did need all of this, I say you get the camp you make.  And I made a hell of a good one.

I suppose this isn't very Clifnotes.  Oh well.



Comments