Skip to main content

A Second Christmas

Just before Christmas, Lux was in Bermuda for the anniversary of planting his father.  While there, some super fancy rum got released on the island, and sold out before he could get to it.  The following weeks were a mess of dealing with a vendor he now hates, and having to file for fraud.

Going further back, for a few years, I had thought about making Lux a stocking for Christmas, and filling it with practical things that he didn't yet have, which he'd mentioned wanting, or would work well for him.  Last year, he actually sent me a link to a masculine grooming box, and I told him that there was no reason to order a box when he knew he wouldn't need all of it.  I also told him I had thought about doing that for him, but felt awkward, and he assured me it wasn't a bad idea.

So, this year I finally did it.  I hunted down a handful of things for him, and got distracted along the way, which meant getting him some cute fun stuff as well.  This included the argyle socks I have threatened to get him for the five years we've been together.

About a week and a half ago, Lux said he wanted to come down for a weekend, because I had mentioned needing some time soon, for a pile of reasons, and we honestly hadn't shared space in way too long.  I found out that Squishy would be gone, which meant we could do whatever we wanted all weekend.  A day or two before, I decided to go hunting for a list of distributors who received the rum he wanted, and found some places in Philly with it labelled as in stock.  We decided that we would call and possibly run out there for it.

And then we had a weekend with all of Lux's favorite things.  Oliver was snuggly with him, he had breakfast made for him in the mornings.  We had a bunch of sex.  After going out to get the rum, we decided to walk south street, which he had never been to.  We went into a bunch of the sex shops to giggle at things, and get ideas.  We found a good comic shop too.  After that, we wanted food, so we went to Dave and Busters so we could play games.  This resulted in Lux hitting as many games as he could, including some that weren't supposed to be hit, but wound up getting a bonus level in one of the games.

We kept talking about how Lux was getting to do all his favorite things in a day.  That he got everything he wanted, and he was honestly incredibly happy with the day.  On the way home, we sort of got started on our renegotiation of everything, and some settling conversation just on general things.

I can't talk enough on how we needed a weekend like this.  It has definitely helped me feel better about this year, and us and everything, just with a simple weekend.

Comments