Skip to main content

Evolution

I don't know what started the thought process the other day, but out of nowhere I started thinking about how foreplay has changed in sex throughout my life.

When I was a teenager, both before and after I started having sex, there would be times when I would literally see the sun rise with a partner, still just performing what would normally be considered foreplay.  Intercourse didn't seem like the main thing, and wasn't treated like an end all be all.

And then I had six years of partners who believed that thirty seconds of foreplay was fine before two minutes of intercourse, but that's besides the point.

Now though, I exist in this space where there is a mix.  There are times when foreplay isn't that frenzied teenage madness, but something calm, and actually intimate in a way.  Times when that takes it's time.  And then there are times when there are only a handful of minutes before having sex, a rushed fever of force in comparison.

And I'm not sure when that change happened, or if that's something that everyone experiences.  That change from taking your time to when you do start having sex and things changing so much. 

I also don't know what the average window of time is between starting to hook up with people, and actually having sex.  Perhaps my amount of time was longer than others, and so makes my experiences very different.

Something I need to look into more, because random thoughts create far too much curiosity for me.

Comments