Skip to main content

The Light at the End

Finally, a month after most other homes, we're done with the holidays!  The week of birthdays finished with Squishy's party last weekend, and now all the big celebration is done for a while.

Unfortunately, I'm noticing some amount of SAD kicking in, which is not helpful to everything going on, but hopefully will peter off a bit with things calming down.

Squishy's party was pretty simple.  Only two of the four kids she invited showed up, and they mostly played upstairs.  At one point I went to grab them to do cake, and found them playing in makeup (Squishy has some of my older stuff I don't use) and faces covered.  I had to grab my baby oil to scrub their faces, and they of course asked if it was made from babies.  It should go without questioning that I said yes.

She was happy though, and her one friend's mom offered to have her stay the night, so we sent her off because she had no school the next day.

This should also give me more time to work on things, so long as I can stay motivated through this funk.

One last push.  I'm a bit ahead of things so they shouldn't be too bad, but I want to keep going.

Comments