Skip to main content

Down Again

Last weekend was my mom's 60th birthday.  My father decided we were throwing a party because of that.  However, he has no idea how to do anything himself, so it turned into my mom explaining everything that needed to be done, and him being an asshole in the way he told everyone to do everything.

This also turned into the week before and day of, me doing pretty much everything.  It's a good thing I'm caught up on books, and just had editing to do that week, because I felt stretched thin with how little my time actually belonged to me.

At the same time, I've been trying to help Lux find a new place, taking time to hunt down options that looked like they were worth going to check out.  On the bright side, he did decide on a place that I can't wait to see in person, and help him make into a home.  Now we're going through the process of figuring out a timetable on that move.

Back to this party though, my father decided to invite everyone he's ever talked to more or less, and it wound up with somewhere between thirty and forty people here.  My mom, who made up the shopping list on her own, which was very different from what I would have written, grossly underestimated many thing, while overestimating others.  She also picked up booze while being incredibly ignorant on the subject, and now we have a ton of cheap garbage beer and wine in the basement.

The house was packed, and the entire thing was very draining.  While yes, I did have the chance to show off my art a bit, and see a couple people, there were far more people than I had cared to have around, they were loud, and it made the house overheat.

At the end of the day though, it's now done, and while we now have new obstacles, these should be much simpler.

Comments