Skip to main content

Cycles Against Me

I will preface this by saying that my cycle is incredibly reliable.  More often than not, I can predict well beforehand the exact day that my period will start, and feel comfortable with it.

Nearly a week before I was due to leave for Lux's place, I was expecting to start my period.  I was right on time the month before, and hadn't had anything happen that would make me worry about it.

Well, I started having symptoms, and it seemed like it would be on time.

Until it wasn't.

And while I wasn't seriously worried, I still panicked mentally more than I should have.  Until I realized my period is an asshole.

Where I had planned for my period to be done the day I was travelling north, instead it first made it's appearance that day.

Because it's an asshole.

And while I know that having my period is not the end of the world, it certainly would have made this week easier.  Due to it being late my cramps were worse than usual, it fucked over my digestion way more than I had expected it to be off by, I had to deal with bloating making my normally bad dysmorphia even worse, and just all of the inconvenience of dealing with it while travelling.

It sucks.  I hate my uterus, and it hates me.

Comments