Skip to main content

Taking on More to Relax

The holidays are officially done and over with for a bit now here.  We get the extra bonus of a week of birthdays just after the new year, which makes the season of stress just a tiny bit longer.

I've been trying to juggle all the tiny things I want to do, which also includes small tasks popping into my head.  It's kept me busy, but at the same time I'm doing a lot of these things just for me.  Lots of the things I'm taking on are things I've either neglected or not thought of, and I notice each one makes me feel a little better.

Admittedly, I know I said that there needed to be work towards not having to constantly do, but by having the chance to do these little things, and keep myself organized, it is helping me a lot.  I'm moving out of routine, and doing more of the things that I know make me happy.

I'm dancing more, and having more music on.  I'm studying random things, and trying to consume more books.  I'm looking forward to the coming weeks and months, and while some days are worse than others, in general I'm doing a lot better.

Self care is something difficult to figure out sometimes, but I'm stretching myself out, and taking initiative to fight the urge to curl up and hide, which obviously wasn't helping.  I am someone who has too many things I'm interested in to have any part of my life be a broken record.  Luckily, I'm also able to push myself to do all those small things, and it's helping.

It's only been a few weeks, and there's already progress.

Comments