Skip to main content

Clear-eyed

Lux and I were talking the other day about how a partner of his gets very starry-eyed submissive over him.  I mentioned how that has high potential for danger, just in general, and he talked about while he's aware of it, he's also a sucker for those behaviors.

Jokingly, I said that I don't know how he deals with my very different form of submission.  He asked what I meant, and I mentioned about how I don't fall into that demure starry-eyed stereotype. 

He reminded me that when the chips are down, I am obedient, and I don't use submission as a manipulation tactic.  He also said that my submission is me being me, no matter what sort it is.

And it's true.  While I do have those moments of feeling like happy tiny property while curled up in Lux's lap, normally my submission is based on being strong, and aware.  I do what I can to make Lux happy, and if I am encouraging change, it's in ways that he says he wants to work on something.  I help keep track of things that he has trouble with.  It's building on the symbiosis of power exchange, where we both try to help the other grow.

Submission is so much more than following orders and kneeling.  It's about being steady in places where a domly person is shaky, so they can stand more easily and both people can grow.

Comments