Skip to main content

For Better or Worse

While I was with Zero a week and a half ago, Lux was with one of his newer partners.  His second time spending time with her, though they talk fairly frequently. 

And unfortunately, for the second time, she caused him harm.  Hurt him in ways that he was messed up for a couple days afterward, and tried to manipulate him in a few ways.

Needless to say, finding out about this caused a lot of feelings on my part.  I know I'm overprotective, and this perked up every bit of that.  At the same time, I had concern for him, in a lot of different ways.  I wanted to scoop him up and comfort him.  To take care of him and help him process.  Make sure he felt safe, because sometimes submission means being the strong, steady, and protecting one.

For a second I had wished I was there in the moment, before realizing that might not have been the best idea.

On one hand I would have been able to see exactly how it went.  Been able to take care of him in the moment, and have a better idea of what would be helpful.

I may have even seen things in motion, and stopped them before they really hurt him.

On the other hand, even with stopping things early, I know how protective I can be.  I would have stepped in front of her, and probably have done something stupid in response to seeing him hurt.

And, I know that if things were flipped, and if I was telling Lux the same thing was happening to me with a new partner, he'd be feeling the same way, and would do the same thing if he was ever to see it happen.

Sometimes we just need to be there to clean up messes, and support people afterward, but have to risk them happening.

Comments