Skip to main content

Changing Trends

I remember when I first started really getting into the scene, long long ago, all the domly doms wanted to be called "Sir".  It was the standard honorific for dynamics, and super commonplace.  We put emphasis on these super serious committed and collared exchanges, like it was the ideal dynamic.

And now, fast forward to the last year or so, and I notice things are very different.  Now, more often than not, I hear everyone using "Daddy" instead.  It's become likely the most common title for domly doms that I see and hear.

It makes me think about why I don't use it with Lux.  On top of it not feeling correct for our dynamic given our sort of power exchange, I've been exploring my own personal issues with the term.

Daddy feels very superficial.  Like a title of impermanence, that places very circumstantial power.  It feels fleeting, and far less committed, much like how vanilla dating and relationships have become.  To make these very surface connections, and have serious expectations, without wanting to develop something deeper, and with the idea of it being long term.

We give and take power very easily now, without those aspects of importance behind it.

It's weird, and off--putting, and definitely not how I play.

I'll continue to use the titles I do with Lux, and enjoy our exchange that we've built, and appreciate the trust and meaning behind it.

Comments