Skip to main content

Breaking Tradition

I know, I usually take this post to be the cop out list of things I'm grateful for.  This year though, something recently happened that I wanted to touch on instead.

Lux and I had that talk a bit ago, and I mentioned I would possibly talk more on it.  Well, usually a few times a year we sort of check in on things, and see how we are doing, what needs to be done, and if anything is going wrong or needs attention. With everything going on for each of us separately, we haven't really gotten around to that.

And it's the sort of thing that can be fixed now that we're aware of it, and I'm very willing to do that maintenance, and make sure things are clear, and ok.  It's a reminder of how much work a healthy connection with anyone is, and how grateful I am that we've tried to continue to do that work, and not get complacent despite everything that's happened.

I don't know a lot of people who will actively try to put in that work for that healthy space.  It's something that I've tried to do with so many people, and very few are willing to do it.

I'm grateful for this space with Lux.  Where we can build whatever the fuck we want, and be whatever we want, both as ourselves, and together, and be willing to put in the work to keep that solid, and do what we need to do.

Comments