Skip to main content

Signs of Creators

Last year, I hit the point where I was juggling enough things that I felt like I needed to get a planner.  I wanted a physical book that I could carry with me, and put notes into, or check things easily as opposed to having to sort through apps not only to find what I want, but something that's convenient.

I looked through as many planners as I could, and wound up having to settle on something that didn't have everything that I wanted, but was fairly close.

That planner is almost done, and I haven't been the happiest with it.  Because I still have time, rather than going hunting forever, I realized I can just make and publish it myself.  I can make it exactly how I want it to be, and maybe make some extra money in the process.

And I find it amusing, that so many people try to talk about how others will look at something, and just say they could make it themselves.  That it becomes a case of how while they could, they won't.  Yet I think about something, and not only say that I could make it myself, but immediately go to work on it.  I did most of the actual work for it in a day, and it'll be done and published alongside a few other things in the next month.

I feel like that's such a sign of people who are not just creative, but meant to create.  You can get all the ideas in the world, but won't necessarily act on any of them.  Then there are the people who need to make things, and by starting to make things, it brings even more peace and inspiration to them.

And in the meantime, I get to have exactly what I want.

Comments