Skip to main content

Reconnecting Coincidence

The other day, I sent Squishy outside to get the mail.  I was expecting some things, so she wanted to run out and grab it.  As she pulled things out, I noticed an extra tiny padded envelope.  She came back into the house, and I wondered what it was, noticing it was addressed to me.

I took it upstairs with the rest of my mail, and opened it up.  Inside, was a necklace with a pendant that I thought was rather pretty.  There was also an invoice, which I unfolded, and checked.

It showed a user name for the buyer, which I recognized as the character name of someone I used to larp with.  He was a friend, but someone that I hadn't connected with in a while.  I took a picture, and looked for him on facebook messenger.  Rather than make assumptions of the item itself, I sent the picture, asking if he was responsible for it.

He had ordered it and accidentally selected my address, since he had ordered me something years ago.  I told him that I could either send it to him, or hold it hostage until he could make it here.

Well, I had to send it off because he needed it soon, but we have plans to meet up after the holidays.  We've been talking more, and this wound up being a little spark that helped bring a friend back to my life. 

And I know I just got burned by someone trying to reconnect, but sometimes, you just need to take the balls life throws at you.

Comments