Skip to main content

Adjustments

I said before the new year that this year I wanted to work more on me.  To find better ways to perform self care and recharge.

And well, things don't happen right away, but this month has been a lot of organization and mental exploration for me.  Figuring out the things I want to accomplish throughout the year, and trying to set myself up to make them all happen, while keeping up with everything else.

While thinking about how I wanted to approach a new way to care for myself, I realized a lot of the language I use for things could probably be adjusted.

I use the word "need" a lot when describing things I have planned for the day, even down to working out, or reading.  I need to do more crochet, or I have to finish sewing a small hole closed.

I turn everything into obligation.  And while yes, many things are related to some of the things I am trying to make or build as a part of making money, I use the same language for everything.

And when you have to do everything, and you need to get it all done, it all kind of drags you down.

In the coming months, I'm going to experiment with my language, and see how that helps me.

Try to tell myself that I get to do things, or what I want to accomplish.

The things I do are my choice, and I need to treat them that way, so that they build me up for getting to do them, rather than pile on top of me.

Comments