Skip to main content

The last of the bad

The week of Christmas was difficult here.  I had to deal with toxic people being toxic, and other people not paying any attention to anything going on.  I had to deal with people saying one thing and doing another.  I had to deal with things in the air, amongst everything else.

And while Christmas itself was fairly quiet, everyone seemed to be in a bit of a poor mood. 

I went to bed early that night, tired, and figuring an extra hour of sleep would fix everything. 

As you can guess, it didn't.  I spent the night dealing with tons of physical symptoms of stress and anxiety.  Everything catching up that day, and keeping me from sleep.  The day after the holiday, I had to enlist Squishy to help take care of me and make sure I was ok because I was so exhausted.

When I explained the symptoms I had dealt with to my mom, she of course asked how I could possibly have any stress, because the holiday was over.  I pointed out that I have had to deal with my father and the gnome who have been particularly difficult lately, and she just said that she has to live with my father too, and it's not that bad.

I flat out asked her if he called her a worthless stupid piece of shit every day, because that's what I deal with.  I asked if he cut her off constantly to just say no to whatever she was saying, with refusal to listen to something to actually proven fact, because he doesn't want to accept anything outside of his own world.  I asked if he screamed at her if she tried to create a different perspective, or provide further information, because it wasn't the single, possibly inaccurate point that he was giving.

She got quiet and walked away. 

I don't think she's done anything about it, and I doubt she will.

It was however, my brain and body's way of saying that a new year is coming, and some change needs to happen.

Comments