Skip to main content

A Reset

While being holed up at home, I'm finding my mind wandering about different things.  And lately, again, the concept that if I could change anything knowing what I do now, would I?

And, the more I think about it, the more I don't know either way. 

Would I love to not have dealt with abuse?  Of course, but then how far do I go?  Some of my oldest memories are being manipulated and gaslit by my parents, normalizing that treatment, and being what led me to the shitty relationships I had before learning better.  And in that learning, taught myself how to communicate more clearly, and how to help cultivate a healthier relationship, whether it be friendship or with a partner.

Do I avoid the gnome, who caused me to be homeless, threaten me to have a child I didn't want, endanger my health, trap me in an unsafe place, as well as rape me?  Would I then wind up with all the skills I've developed as a person, or meet the people who I keep in my life now?

I feel like no matter what, I had to have dealt with all the shit that I have, and have all the obstacles in front of me in order to have any of the good I have now.  In order to be willing to put in the work to be good to others, I have to know how the pain feels of dealing with it first. 

We must deal with the bad in order to appreciate the good, and strive toward better.

Comments