Skip to main content

Too Well

I worry about a lot of things through this. 

I don't worry about all the economic bullshit, outside of small businesses surviving until everything opens back up again.  I don't worry about wanting things to open back up soon, because I would rather deal with one long shitty situation than seven shorter ones.

I worry about mental health.  The rise of domestic violence that's already occurring.  The number of breakups and divorces due to people finally having to exist around each other, rather than being distracted by another person.  Suicide rates are going to rise.

Squishy is still sad about how different things are, and it's making her day to day difficult.  My parents aren't coping at all.  My mom is eating so many sweets as a diabetic that it's giving her extra depression and anxiety symptoms, on top of her lack of stress management to the point where she's burst blood vessels in her eye.

Something that's been the most noticeable to me though, is how smoothly my mind is handling it.  Sure, some days are harder than others, and it isn't my ideal situation, but it's just a day.  My brain is rolling through like it would in any other situation.

And we've had enough time to notice that this has a trend.  People who have lived in abusive spaces are more likely to feel like this isn't all that difficult.  Because they've lived worse than inconvenience.  They have a full spectrum to relate to.

It's showing me just how much I've lived through, that this is an obstacle, but just something I need to adjust to and deal with.  That even though I did have to go through so much abuse, it puts things like this into perspective. 

Comments