Skip to main content

Possible Break

I've learned what would make me break lockdown.
It's the last two days.

See, I finally decided that Squishy wasn't super grounded anymore.  I wasn't going to tell her until she was done with school work, in hopes that it would keep her on better behavior.  Not even two hours into the morning, I walked past her desk to go to the bathroom, and saw her doing things that have been off limits for the majority of her being in trouble.  Two hours of her on less restriction, she didn't even know it, and she couldn't respect it, because she "was bored".

My parents tried to make excuses for her, the entire day, making little times that should have been a couple of minutes out of her room into over an hour, then attacking me like I was the villain.

To top off that morning, the gnome called, suddenly asking when he could take Squishy for visits, because he "missed her". 

I'm sorry, is there not a pandemic going on there?  Because there is here, and she's on lockdown.  I had already told him not until the school year was done, because we were having issues.  I again, explained that he wouldn't be taking her until at least mid-June, due to school, the lockdown, and her behavior.  I explained the issues she's been having, and gave him the full story.  He tried to turn it into a pity party on his end, minimalizing what I had just told him, as well as what I had explained to him over the last several weeks.  He ended the phone call upset, but didn't try to fight what I said.

The day after, things are relatively smooth.  I shouldn't be surprised, but Squishy answered most of her grounded homework with non-answers.  Things like "Because I just feel that way" or when asking for ideas on things like self control, she just said not to do something.  A complete lack of thought, and it read like a pissy tantrum.

The gnome called, asking Squishy when she wouldn't be grounded, and because I am not using hard dates, he asked what she had to do.  Squishy said that she didn't do well on her homework, and suddenly asked if he could know what her assignments were.  I thought about just inviting him as a teacher, and he could give her things as well, but I'm glad I didn't.  Next thing I knew, I heard her making comments like "I won't go up if you do that".  When they got off the phone, she asked if she could fix an assignment, and only made changes to one, which I hadn't actually asked for more information on.  Upon checking it, I saw what was obviously her trying to parrot his words, because they didn't even have an understanding of what she'd done.

I asked her later, and she said that he was waiting for her to get ungrounded, because he intended to start taking her for weekends after that.  Apparently so much intention that he was going to try and tell her what to say which he thought might get her out of trouble.

Could you possibly be more fucking selfish?  To contribute to your own child's bad behavior, in order to risk her health, so you can take her somewhere else to be locked down for two days?

He deserves the stupid smacked out of him.

Comments