Skip to main content

A Complete Waste

Two days ago, while sure that I would basically get what I had wanted from the hearing, but still nervous, I sat with Squishy to find dates she agreed with for the summer.  Times to travel that are long enough to do contact tracing and be aware of symptoms, but work with anything happening over the summer, and make a decent balance.

Yesterday morning, I had the hearing with the gnome.  A ball of nerves, compacted with some issues with Squishy that morning.  Once everything had started, I listened to the judge, and as he spoke, after he got through the routine of rules, I could hear some cheer in his voice.  He sounded fairly pleasant, like he was having a good morning coming into work.

I knew, that so long as I was polite and prompt, I had nothing to worry about.

And as our hearing began, and we were sworn in I felt better and better.

From the beginning, I could tell with the judge looking at the record that he wasn't going to tolerate anything.  And then, as the gnome spoke, he continued to try and add to his answers.  Rather than simply answering questions, he tried to turn everything into a story, to make himself look like a victim.  There were several point that he tried to interrupt and cut off the judge, for absolutely no reason, other than to throw a tantrum.  I could tell as the judge spoke, that he was trying to devise the simplest thing he could in order to just get the gnome to shut up.

He wound up giving the gnome essentially an order of "go away" visitation.  This order was actually shorter than the first visit I had planned for Squishy to go up there, but not all that different in time, but we had yet to speak so that I could tell him that yet.  When asked, I obviously had no issues, and still, the gnome whined that he wanted something different to the judge.  Being very done with the gnome, the judge said he would need to try and work that out with me, and deal with it. 

As we got off the phone, I made sure to tell them all to have a good day, and noticed the judge cheer up and thank me, almost relieved with how easy I was to work with while on the call as compared to him. 

Which means that now there's a record of how much of a pain in the ass he is, and he got absolutely nothing out of his legal tantrum.  Even as we worked out the summer, he was again trying to push for more, six months away, when everything is still in flux.

Just like a child, throwing a tantrum gets you nowhere compared to just working with people.

Comments