Skip to main content

Ending Points

Coming into the covid lockdown, it came with many things being cut off.  Sharing physical space, traveling, going to events both big and small, and tons of other things.

At the same time, I decided just for fun, that I would grow out my hair while stuck at home.  I also said I wouldn't dye it, because if I wasn't around people, it was an excuse to take a break from it, as my hair has been dyed every month or so for almost twenty years now.

But, when do I say that things are done, and I'm ready to do any of them again.  Things are opening up, but when do I say I'm ready to go out and do things?  The stay at home order in my state is done, but does that mean I can travel to see my partners again?  When I do see them, is it safe to have contact, and finally hug them for the first time in months?

And even just with the option, does that mean it's time to cut my hair, dye it dark, and look just like before all this started?

My number one goal is to stay safe and healthy in this, so that I can keep those I care about safe as well.  But there has to be a point where the risk is calculated and deemed worth it.  There has to be a point where I need to instead focus on mental health, and what I can do for that as well, because that does affect my physical health as well.

There's always some level of risk to me being truly and completely me, so when do I take on this risk as well?

Comments