Skip to main content

An Unexpected Invasion

Today, I should be at camp.  At the end of a week with friends, my polycule, and loved ones.

Instead, we are all concerned with safety.  Keeping apart even while our worlds are on fire, trying to stay healthy so we can keep each other healthy.

Now, we rewind to a couple of weeks ago.  I'm on a call with Pyre, talking about how Kitty's birthday is soon, and she is planning a trip up, which has changed from just a short trip due to her current situation.  She mentions another one of our friends talking about making a long trek down, because it would be the week of camp, and spending the weekend.  She asks what I'm up to, and I tell her that Squishy will be gone.

And so the plotting began.  Trying to make something happen as safely as possible, while taking stress off of Kitty so we would show up with everything taken care of.

A fantastic surprise that brings us back to the important people, and creates a positive space for mental health.

Which means that while I'm not at camp, I'm still getting something good for me.

Maybe there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Comments