Skip to main content

A Release

I mentioned last week that I've been making myself do more to take care of me.  Part of that started as slower, deep stretching yoga again, because I've gotten far more stiff than I care to be.  I've added more since then, but making sure to stretch, and breathe, and relax has been a part of my day for a couple of weeks now.

And, it's been good for me physically.  My body isn't as stiff, and it's making me more comfortable.

It's also apparently good for me mentally. 

I store stress in my shoulders.  I always have.  And with everything going on, my upper back had days where I had to use my heating pad because it was so knotted up.

While doing yoga, I noticed multiple times while stretching my shoulders, that I would hit emotional release.  For some reason only while stretching that part of my body, my mind would register the concept that soon I may have the chance to hug people again, and have some manner of fixed touch starvation, and I would start crying.  The hope that something would happen that would not just help me level out from the stress I'm dealing with, but actually feel in the positive again.

I would cry for the duration of the stretch, and as soon as it was over, I was more or less composed again.  When it's all done, I do feel a little better than when I started, so maybe this will need to continue for a while. 

I suppose sometimes we find simple release in odd things.

Comments