Skip to main content

Above and Beyond

A bit more than a week ago, I had asked Lux to come visit.  While I was doing what I could to take care of myself, I knew mentally that I needed some contact and time.  He said that he couldn't give an answer either way, given that work was being incredibly demanding of him, but he understood, and honestly, just him responding that much was helpful for me.

And then Friday happened, to which I no longer expected him to show up, and wouldn't blame him.  I wouldn't ask anyone to come visit and be around after something like that.  So, I was very prepared to try and slog through the day on my own, no matter how difficult that would be.

I didn't hear from him all morning, but tried to send him some messages to just keep him updated on my safety and mental state.  

When I had the chance to sneak downstairs for some lunch, I finally heard from him, and he told me he was still coming for a night.  

Whatever tears were left, started then.  I was so grateful, and told him so, that even with what had happened, he was coming to see me to be supportive.  

After a few more hours of trying to sneak around that get things done, he showed up, and we spent the night, and most of the next day, snuggling up, giggling about things, and trying to just be present with each other.  It was simple, but just being there made me feel a thousand times better, and while I would have liked him to be here longer, I felt like I could deal with being around everything again.

It was one of those moments where I couldn't have appreciated Lux more.  When I was so happy to have him as a partner, and truly felt like I had the best one.  The bits of frustration he causes sometimes didn't matter.

I couldn't be more grateful for him, and after he did that, I feel like I can tackle so much more.

Comments