Skip to main content

Something to Encourage

 With the exception of only a couple of days, I've managed to work out, and track my food for over a month.  I now have the motivation of seeing progress, both in my endurance, and in little changes in my body.

Because I keep clothing until it dies, and I don't have a terribly massive amount to start, some of the clothing I wear for exercise is beginning to fall apart.  I also have no actual dedicated work out tops.  So I'm reminded to go through the things I have, and likewise, I got myself some new things.  Not a ton, just two tops and two bottoms.  The leggings are more of the very inexpensive kind I've found that fit well and I like.  The tops, however, are a bit pushing.  I love the designs, and think they're both fantastic, but they're crop tops, which I normally would hate wearing.  

I can dance in cholis with a bare stomach, but I always feel like with everything else I'm wearing, and with also dancing, there is so much distraction from my midriff that I don't think about it.  Frequently when working out, or even normally, if my top isn't oversized, it will creep up to my waist due to the difference between there and my hips.  When tops are cut there, I feel like shows the wrong thing, and looks more awkward.  

With leggings on, because they're cut higher, I'm hoping I can get used to shorter tops.  Eventually, and especially with my changing body, I'm hoping to grow comfortable with crop tops in a casual setting, even outside of working out.

So without some new year to challenge me, or anything like that, I have something to push myself toward.  And with it, maybe tackling more of my dysmorphia, and feeling happier in my skin.

Comments