Skip to main content

Trucking

 I think I'm just used to dealing with things that would knock most people on their ass, even when they're constant.  That, and knowing what will help and recharge me no matter what is happening.  

With everything exploding, which is still exploding, don't get me wrong, I'm managing to kick myself in the ass and try to get ahead on things.  I have all my books planned for next year, am well into progress on them, and I'm managing to get ahead on the holidays as well.  Given the pandemic, I don't even have the same timeline that I normally would, because we won't be having extra people for Channukah, but we're almost completely ahead through everything.

I have a ton of ideas of things I want to start.  I know I recently mentioned starting a new blog, and while that idea is great, it's entirely dependent on me constantly doing new things.  For the weeks where I have a ton of things going on, that's wonderful, but I do have times where things lull, and I stick to the same recipes, or don't have anything new I'm taking on or finishing.  So rather than have something that puts unnecessary pressure on me, I will work on the things that encourage me to be creative on my own time.

My self care is also being managed lately, as much as it can be.  I'm still working out as close to every day as I can manage, but not faulting myself if I can't.  I'm pushing myself to eat healthier things, while not demonizing anything.  It's helping me feel better physically, and manage things mentally.  It's almost like having healthy base habits helps to make the rest of things easier.

I'm trying to do what I can without burning out due to everything around me.

Comments