Skip to main content

Getting Ahead, and Piling on

Right now, I'm feeling a bit foggy creatively.  My dancing feels like a crawl, partially because my performance anxiety is kicking in with Fusion only a month away.  I'm still practicing with swords every day, even if only for a few minutes to learn tiny tweaks and make progress on my skills.  I'm excited for my performances, but they always give me such nerves.

I worry about my classes for Fusion as well.  I'm bringing three new classes, which is a lot of material to cover that I'm not used to pulling out like I can dance classes.  It's not that I don't know the subject matter, because I wouldn't teach it if I didn't know it.  It's some heavy imposter syndrome poking around in my brain.

All my projects have slowed down.  They still are showing progress, but it's no longer the leaps and bounds that it was.

That being said, I'm still worlds ahead of where I need to be.  I have a book and a half left to draw in order to be able to put out a coloring book every month for the year, all my prompt journals are done, and I have nearly all the recipes typed up for my cookbook coming out near the end of the year.  Perhaps I just need to slog through this bit of slowdown, and focus on the fun things coming up soon.

And for that matter, try to get my mind to relax on those fun things as well.

Comments