Skip to main content

Taking Back

Over the past month or so, I've been trying to do more to help myself get into better shape again.  Looking into a lot of science on things, and trying new ideas.

I picked up some resistance bands for working out.  For the first time in my life I find myself not hating doing normal repetitious exercise.  I do notice myself adjusting over time, and I am adjusting along with it to push myself, so I guess I'm building muscle.

I'm stretching every day with everything included in the class I'm teaching next month in order to express its effect on the body over time.  I'm seeing myself having more range of motion most days, and not getting stiff in any places.

Every day I practice with my swords.  Whether to my music, or just drilling more complex things, I'm doing a bit of work just to get better with them, and be able to really show off once I do get down to performing.

When I can, I'm also dancing for cardio.  I'm making sure not to make that my only workout when I can, because I don't want my body to adjust to just that, but dancing still works well for me and makes me feel good afterward.

I'm not overexerting myself in any way, and by breaking these things up it keeps me active throughout the day, which helps my motivation as well.

Here's to getting to be happier with me.

Comments