Skip to main content

A Missing Wing

Last year at camp, I met one of Pyre's favorite people in the scene.  A large man, who was incredibly intelligent, peaceful, and talented.  I could tell just in the short time we had together that there would be a solid friendship and that he was good people.

A few months ago, I got myself some new boots, and realized I would need someone to tend to those, as well as my older boots which were seeing some wear.  Around the same time, Pyre started a service dynamic with this man, Owl, and said she would have him work on them.  We made up plans to meet at camp, and regardless of boot service, we would chat over coffee and enjoy some time.

The week before camp, I got a call from Lux, saying that he heard of Owl's passing.  Before a real friendship could be built, the chance was gone.

I was immediately worried about Pyre, more than feeling loss myself.

Camp is a strange place this year, shaken and cracked.

Comments