Skip to main content

Maybe Not

I'm at the point in packing for camp that I'm just adding things to a pile as I think about them.  Most of the gear is already packed, and much of what's left I may need before we leave.  I'm left considering clothing to pack, costumes for performances, and little details like that.

Likewise, Dansa needs to start packing early, because she's headed back to Aus for a week to visit family.  While in her storm of packing for everything, she is also gathering things together for camp in order to save time.  Amidst her mountain of laundry, she talks about having a small pile of lingerie growing for camp. 

And I laughed.  I told her that while she was going to be filling a bag with lacy underthings, I was wondering how many suits would fit into my luggage.

Last year I wore dresses every day, and actually wore underpants much to Lux's displeasure.  By the end of camp I was so tired of dresses that I told him not to expect to see me in one for at least a year.

This year, I intend to dress for several more situations, but definitely in a way that is more comfortable for me.  I'm packing things like my skeleton onesie, and likely a dress, but also things for in case I find I can't stand those any longer.  I'll be there with options, but plenty of chances to just be comfy in a suit.  It means I am in general packing far more clothing than before, but I'll be happier for it.  Happy in my skin, and looking like me, which especially in a space where I am working so much, is necessary.

I may not be the best dressed person at camp, but I might be the most dressed.

Comments