Skip to main content

Back and Processing

I'm home from Fusion, and this last week was a whirlwind.  Juggling multiple groups, being a switch, managing poly, teaching, performing, friends, and everything else.

There's a lot for me to write about in the coming weeks, and I'm going to need to figure out how to spread it all out into coherent topics.

My classes went well, although one wound up falling right in the hottest part of the day, and so it didn't happen. While Lux and I are thinking about putting together one new one for the future, I think four classes is definitely my maximum.  I kind of want to develop a rotating roster of classes to present, so I can be known for bringing far more things to the table.

My double sword set went incredibly well.  I forgot one move, and got a little tangled at one point, but didn't drop the swords, even while rolling around on the ground.  I was nervous to the point of shaking while dancing with my swords, and it absolutely made me more confident in what I could do in the future.

And oh, the night that accompanied those performances was tough.  I was basically in a panic attack waiting for my sets, but needed to focus on keeping things moving back stage.  After my dances, I wound up dropping, and then rebounding into panic again.  I told Kitty about this afterward, and he said he couldn't even tell.  I kept to getting shit done so well, and being a presence in my own panic that no one could tell I was in the mental space that I was. 

Afterwards I made the decision that was probably not the best, but that I deserved scotch and cigars.  I wound up staying up too late, but I had earned every bit of that tasty scotch.

There's so much more coming about this camp, and I'm excited to get it all into words.

Comments