Skip to main content

In Plain Sight

With pride month happening a few weeks back, everything was covered in rainbows.  And while I have people I love and care about who do like to carry things with the normal pride colors on it, I myself don't really identify with that flag.  I am many, many things, but none of them include that rainbow of colors.

With all the stores featuring pride merchandise, it made me think about how much I should make something of my own.  Something that obviously isn't going to a greedy corporation hopping on a train of popularity.

It's a difficult thing though, with not being out to my parents or siblings.  Until I realized that I don't really care.

So in the last week I've started making patches.  Big proud patches covering all the things I am.  There's a jacket I love that they'll all go onto, and if my parents take the time to look them up because they're curious, then I'm out to them, and they can deal with it.  If they come after me, I will just flat out look at them and say that it's why I didn't tell them directly.

Soon, I will walk around covered in things that I too am proud about, and I don't care what other people think who see, because they aren't me.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you're accepting of yourself and comfortable displaying who you are. I hope your parents are not jerks about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment